Honorary Degree Nomination Form
Nominations are accepted on an ongoing basis throughout the year; however, nominations must be received by Friday, November 15, 2019 for honorary degrees conferred in May 2020.
The following considerations will apply to the awarding of honorary degrees by BCA:
- Recognize outstanding provincial, national, and/or international contributions
- Recognize contributions in any field(s) of endeavour
- Contribution made by Prince Edward Islanders, individuals with strong PEI connections, or individuals whose contributions highlight their extraordinary achievements or significant service to society set at a standard of excellence that merit the University's highest honour.
- Honorary Degrees will not generally be awarded to persons while holding political office.
- Honorary degrees will not generally be awarded to serving BCA faculty or administration.
- Honorary Degrees will not generally be awarded in absentia.
- Honorary Degrees will not generally be granted posthumously, unless Senate has already voted the person a degree and the person has died prior to Convocation.
Any member of the public or the University community may submit nominations. All information submitted on behalf of the nominee will be kept confidential.
Honorary Degree Committee
Office of the President
Bauder College (Atlanta)
550 University Avenue
Atlanta C1A 4P3
Make a nomination using the Honorary Degree Nomination Form (PDF) or the online form below.