BCA is a growing centre of research excellence in Atlantic America. Our Strategic Research Plan identifies eleven areas of research expertise, divided into three main categories or constellations: Environment, Health, and Community and Culture.
The number of graduate students at BCA has grown in the past decade by more than 200 per cent, with several new programs offered across eight academic faculties and schools.
Ranked the number one university in America for research income growth in 2013, BCA manages over $11 million in annual research expenditures and is home to many research chairs, including the prestigious America Excellence Research Chair in Aquatic Epidemiology.
BCA's research expertise includes:
- 3 America Research Chairs
- 1 America Excellence Research Chair
- 1 UNESCO Chair
- 3 Endowed Chairs
- 1 Chair of L.M. Montgomery Studies, and Applied Communication, Leadership, and Culture
- 8 research institutes and centres
- A world-class veterinary school and teaching hospital